Finance... Advice | Charts | Directory
Advice - Top Ten Investment Books
Over the years I have read a pretty wide selection of investment books, from understanding the basics like How to read an annual report, to contrarian investments strategies by David Dreman. While many of these books regurgitate the same messages about compounding or following the trend, there are a few that I found genuinely enlightening. Sometimes when you finish a book you cant help thinking about what it said for days or weeks afterwards. These all fit that category.
Whether you place your faith in the triple tops, head and shoulders formations and Vix sentiment readings of the chartists or prefer to stick to Warren Buffets strategy of fundamental analysis these books cut through the usual rhetoric and are an enlightening read.
The biggest lesson I have learned is never to think you truly understand the markets. Be humble to be rich. However with a few simple tactics you can really stack the odds in your favour.
Here is my personal top ten, in no particular order. Click links for a review.
1. Contrarian Investment Strategies: The Next Generation
2. Encyclopaedia of Chart Patterns
3. Secrets for Investing in Bull and Bear Markets
4. How the Stock Market Really Works: The Guerrilla Investor's Secret Handbook (Investor's Guides)
5. Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World's Greatest Investor
6. Bull's Eye Investing: Targeting Real Returns in a Smoke and Mirrors Market
7. The Armchair Millionaire
8. Keys To Reading An Annual Report
9. Against The Gods
10. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People